Android Dependency Injection with Hilt
In this course, learn how to perform Dependency Injection using Hilt for Android. Starting from a blank slate we'll build a water tracking application, configuring Hilt to inject dependencies into various Android classes.
A few more words about this course
Alongside injecting these dependencies, we'll learn how to define how they are injected via the use of modules, followed by applying scopes to control their lifecycle, as well as covering how to override Hilt concepts in tests. Once we've learnt how to use Hilt in our Greenfield application, we'll cover how to migrate an existing application from Vanilla Dagger over to Hilt.
Drag to resize
By the end of the course you will have mastered:
- Learn how to inject dependencies into various Android classes (activities, fragments)
- Learn how to declare and scope dependencies in Hilt Modules
- Learn how to configure Jetpack dependency injections (viewmodel, workmanager etc)
- Learn how to work with Hilt in UI tests
- Learn how to migrate to Hilt from an existing project that uses Vanilla Dagger
Meet the instructor
Drag to resize
Content Author & Course Instructor
Hi, my names Joe. I’m an Android Engineer and Google Developer Expert for Android, Google Pay and Flutter based in Brighton, UK working on the Android team at Buffer. I’m passionate about coding and love creating robust, polished and exciting projects for mobile, the web, TV, wearables and I’ll probably be toying with whatever the new thing is at the time you’re reading this – I love to be constantly learning. I’m also a keen writer as I love to share my learnings and experiences with others.