Accelerate App Startup with Android Jetpack Startup Library
No one likes slow apps. It ruins user engagement and user experience. App startup duration is a metric used to calculate app store ranking as part of Android Vitals. Luckily, the Android team has released a Jetpack App Startup library to help us structure and improve our app startup flows. In this course, we will go over the basics of how to implement the library alongside how to create asynchronous flows free of race conditions.
In this coffee break course, you'll explore
- What is app startup?
- How does app startup affect app performance?
- Introducing the Jetpack App Startup library
- How to create asynchronous startup flows?
- Initialize components with Jetpack App Startup Library
- How to avoid race conditions with the App Startup library?
Meet the Instructor
Hey, I'm John. I have been building mobile apps since 2011. Along my journey, I have grown to value sharing the things I have learned through technical writing, public speaking, and community organizing. I love the phrase, "The rising tide lifts all boats."